The project will be carried out in close collaboration with the group of Dr Pavel Kerchev at Mendel University in Brno and the Van Breusegem lab at the VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology, Belgium, and aims at elucidating how redox regulation is integrated with epigenetic control of the response to environmental stimuli in plants.
The project will investigate how redox regulation impacts the epigenetic landscape in response to environmental stimuli in plants. You will use a multidisciplinary approach combining molecular biology, recombinant protein expression and purification, generation and work with mutant and transgenic plants (analysis of protein complexes, confocal microscopy), plant physiological assays for immunity, and abiotic stress tolerance and development.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
• PhD study for 4 years 2021-2025 (possible start in March 2021),
• Exciting projects understanding signal transduction in plants,
• PhD fellowship & part-time job employment on research grants,
• Support for career development and mentoring,
• International team, collaborations and opportunities to travel,
• Administration support with relocation & settlement in the Czech Republic,
• Work-life balance in a middle-sized university city offering outdoor, sport & cultural activities.
Great, we are looking for you!
The Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences holds the HR Excellence in Research Award. Our selection process is transparent, open, non-discriminating, and fair. For more information about the researchers’ recruitment policy at our institution, see OTM-R.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Send us the following documents in PDF via the «REPLY» button below by 3 January 2022:
• Motivation letter
• CV including list of publications and contact information for two academic referees
Interviews and admission exams with selected applicants will be held in January 2022.
If you have any queries, you may contact Dr Michael Wrzaczek via email: email@example.com (subject: PhD Redox Signaling)
Link a la oferta: https://jobs.bc.cas.cz/en/detail/90
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.